From the Archive

Sweetheart Pin

By May 26, 2020 No Comments

Similar to the WWII sweetheart pin, or fraternity pins, this was the first sweetheart pin given to Dallas AZA’s first Sweetheart, Pearl Freed Klausner in the late 1930s. The pin has the Star of David, and is connected by a chain to a horn with the word “Sweetheart” on it.

BBYO is currently made up of The Aleph Zadik Aleph (AZA) founded in 1924, and the B’nai B’rith Girls (BBG) which was founded in 1944. Because the BBG was founded later, the sweetheart pin was most likely given out by members of the AZA to girls they socialized with. 

From the Debbie Schweig Collection

Leave a Reply